- Let's Get Personal
Like a fingerprint, a snowflake, and a salad order... no two tax returns are alike. So this tax season, we're partnering with H&R Block to break it down. With you, yourself and your return in mind.
- How to hack online shopping this holiday season
We’re partnering with Bank of America to help you hack holiday shopping, without ever leaving your couch.
- Texting with Helen Mirren
Helen Mirren talks secrets, lies, and dating advice. | theSkimm
- How to set a holiday gift budget you can actually stick to
‘Tis the season for making your list, checking it twice…and trying not to go broke while you’re at it.
- Brittany Snow On Putting in the Work
"It's just doing the work and getting in there. And then if it's not yours, then it was never yours anyway." - Actress, Brittany Snow, told us.
- How Lab-created Diamonds Make the Cut
Engagement season is upon us. Meet, lab-created diamonds.
- How to Paycheck Yourself
Pay to the order of Me, Myself, and I
- The Gender Retirement Gap, Explained
Velour tracksuits, not priced equal
- Til the Cash Cows Come Home
Step A, B, and C: Get your financial house in order
- 9 Retirement Questions from Skimm’rs, Answered
The 411 on 401(k)s and more…
- When Two Becomes Three or Four
The birds...the bees...the bills
- Face the Future
Don’t let the future freak you out. We’re taking the guesswork out of your biggest money moves. So you can plan smarter, figure it out, and Face the Future. Whatever that looks like for you.
- Jen Rubio on Navigating a Co-Founder Relationship
"When you learn how to navigate a cofounder relationship, you become better at every relationship," the co-founder of Away told us.
- Marie Forleo on Choosing Her Passion Over a Paycheck
"If you have something that you truly believe in … and you don't do everything in your power to market the friggin' heck out of it, you are stealing from those who need you most,” the founder of B-School told us.
- Mel Robbins on Learning from Mistakes
The entrepreneur and best-selling author reflects on finding the “message in the mess.”
- theSkimm on Why Your Feet Hurt
Feet hurt? Same. Since the dawn of time (probably) women have dealt with shoes that cause pain and suffering. Or something slightly less dramatic.
- Hacks for picnics
A picnic is: grass, blanket, sandwich. Right? Wrong. Here's everything you need to picnic like a pro...
- Ann Curry on Using Criticism as Motivation
"I'm a big believer in using setbacks and difficulties as fuel," the award-winning journalist said.
- Gifts for friendship goals
Shop our best picks to gift your number one.
- Leah Busque Solivan on Her Entrepreneurial Mindset
"I would look at everything in my life and question, like, 'Is there a solution here? Is there something to build here?'" the TaskRabbit founder said.
- How to Mind Your Own B (Budget)
Meet the MVP of financial wellness. Here's how to build your budget from the ground up.
- How To OOO Without The Oh No
Whether your ideal getaway is R&R on the beach, outdoor adventuring, or a European escape, it pays to plan. Literally.
- Ways to Prioritize This Summer
Time is money...and wasted vacation minutes. Here are smart ways to clear work roadblocks en route to OOO.
- Rainy Day Funds, Explained
Wherever you are on the savings spectrum, building an emergency fund — even from scratch — isn't as huge as you think.
- Time Well Spent
It might be summer, but that doesn’t mean we can hit snooze on our responsibilities. After all, time is money...and we mean that literally. Here's everything you need to make summer Time Well Spent.
- All Hands on Debt
I know the difference between good debt and bad debt, I just want to hear you say it.
- How to Live Your Best Side Hustle Life
Forget the beach body. This summer, bulk up your bank account instead.
- Fourth of July Drink Recipe
Celebrate ‘Merica the right way with this drink.
- Happy Hour Cocktail for Summer Fridays
News flash: 5 o’clock comes early on Summer Fridays.
- If Walls Could Talk: Finding Your Paint Personality
Ain’t nobody got time for paint chips. Find your paint personality here.
- Summer Cocktail For Your Long Weekend
Long weekends call for slow sips. Enter, this cocktail.
- Father's Day Gift Guide 2019
He’s not a regular dad, he’s a cool dad.
- How to Make a Healthy Plate
I know what the basic food groups are, I just want to hear you say it.
- 2019 college basketball tournament: What you need to know
Here's the everything you need to know about March Madness 2019.
- The Guide to Checking off Your Taxes
For when you need a tax season cheat sheet, here's your prep list.
- Easy as 1-W-2-3...
The tax forms you need, what they are, where to get them.
- Debunking Tax Season Myths
We’re setting the record straight on common tax misconceptions and mistakes.
- How Do Tax Returns Work: What You'll Get Back
For when you receive extra cash money but don't know what to do next.
- College Football Playoff 2019: What you need to know
It's time for the College Football Championship. And this year you don't need to be a fan to enjoy the fun. We skimm'd everything you need to know here.
- The D List: Your Guide to Tax Deductions
For when deductions have you stumped, here's how they work and what you can claim.
- The New Tax Code: What's Changed
There’s a new tax code in town. Here’s what it means for filing your taxes this year.
- Your Biggest Money Questions, Answered
From paying off debt to investing smarter. Consider it handled, thanks to Vangaurd.
- Skimm Money: Taxes
Getting Started. Two things are certain in life: death and (the annual anxiety we feel when doing) taxes. But it's time to get rid of the tax season scaries. We've got the 411 on the new tax code, the forms you need to know about, theSkimm on common tax terms, and more.
- How to Do Your Own Taxes 2019
Starting to wish there was a class in school on how to file your taxes? We get it. Come check out how to get a A+ in doing your own 2019 tax return.
- The Circle of Life: Investing at Different Life Stages
Newly married? Having a baby? Buying a home? Here’s what you need to know to grow your green.
- Millennial Money: Financial Health for Women
What would you say if we told you that more men make over $50k than women? We'll help you unpack that, along with other millennial personal finance tips here.
- How to Save Your Money Like a Pro
Part of being an adult means putting aside some of your cash. We're here to help. Take a look at some tips on how to save your money. You'll thank us later.